Forum Rules Forum rules and Optional Alternity rules. MUST READ
Alternity at GenCon 2011 , Running 3 games in General Zone
dblade Jan 25 2011, 05:19 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
For the past 4 or 5 years I've been trying to keep Alternity in the books at GenCon and many times I've been the only Alternity available (officially speaking). I've been having a blast running a single game, so I decided to triple the fun this year. I'll be running 3 sessions with 3 different adventures/genres. I've got Supers, Urban Fantasy, and Star*Drive Space Opera.

And here are the game descriptions...

Sidekicks Assemble! Friday, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Everything is going swell at SideCon 2011, the biggest sidekicks convention in the world. That is until guest of honor, Marvel Lass, is kidnapped by the nefarious Doctor Vile. Will you show that sidekicks have what it takes to be heroes or will you wimp out and hit the distress beacons for your better halves? Buckle up your utility belt and save the girl or go home in shame.

Cybermancy and Hellfire Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm
Dark forces have assaulted the Houdini Brownstone, a node of powerful magic, and the soul of its immortal guardian is missing. You are mages and magical beings called to New York to find the guardian’s soul and save the node from corruption. Ready your fangs, flame, and firearms for this descent into urban fantasy.

The Kestrel's Last Stand Thursday, 1:00pm-5:00pm
Things are looking good for a Star Force promotion. The corvette-class Eon Kestrel is in your grasp and you’ll finally be able to deliver the infamous smuggler Brade Moro and his weren muscle Chubrok into Concord custody. Unfortunately your collar becomes anything but routine when unwelcome strangers intervene and all hell breaks loose. Welcome to the Verge, the wild frontier of the StarDrive universe.

This post has been edited by dblade on Jan 26 2011, 05:21
Paladin Jan 25 2011, 11:47 Group: Heroes, Leader of S.O.A.R. (Saviors Of All Realms) Quote Post
well Dblade, I'll be at Gencon this year working for MGP as usual. Let me know your running times and I will try to make one of the games.
dblade Jan 26 2011, 05:25 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
Hey Paladin,

I updated my first post with the day and time. I will tell you that one of the sessions may be taken up by a whole gaming group who have signed up for my games two years in a row, and plan to sign up again this year. They might be surprised to see I have three games instead of one this time.

This post has been edited by dblade on Jan 26 2011, 05:26
Paladin Jan 26 2011, 17:30 Group: Heroes, Leader of S.O.A.R. (Saviors Of All Realms) Quote Post
well shit. The only one I could go to is the super hero one. Id like to join the cybermancy one. Let me see if I can change my schedule.
Guardian Jan 27 2011, 02:16 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
The sidekicks one looks interesting. I'll have to see if I can swing it with my vacation time this year.
dblade Jan 27 2011, 02:32 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
Here are some working notes on the sidekicks and their heroes. I'm contemplating running one more game where the players can play the high-powered heroes who are on vacation while their sidekicks are at the convention.

Rivet, sidekick of the Girder: Has powered armor with rivet gun and magno hammer. Son of the Girder.
Girder: Girder has powered armor with construction-themed weaponry. Wrecking ball. Circular saw. Blowtorch.

Apathy, sidekick of Gloom: Has song magic. Create lethargy and high energy. Little sister of Gloom. Goth/Death metal girl.
Gloom: Gloom’s powers are derived from shadow magic. Teleportation. Going insubstantial. Create shadow minions.

Cricket, sidekick of Dragonpunk: Change into a cricket. Martial arts.
Dragonpunk: Dragonpunk can change into an Oriental dragon with fire breath, super speed, and flight.

Oddball, sidekick of Madcap: Juggler. Acrobatic. Has 7 different balls with different properties.
Madcap: Madcap has wild entropy powers. Create matter. Super jumping abilities. Wears top hat.

Kid Thunder, sidekick of Sergeant Cyclone: Thunder powers.
Sergeant Cyclone: Extreme winds, lightning, weather manipulation, flight. Former military.

Wrangler, aka Lasso Kid, former sidekick of the deceased Buck Savage: The Lasso Kid is a sidekick from the 1800s, born from the imagination of a reality-warping super. He does not age and if killed will spring back to life at the end of the combat scene. He is trying to become the sidekick of a modern day hero. He can summon a rope at will and can do some amazing tricks with it. He can also summon a horse by whistling.

ja Jan 27 2011, 09:38 Group: Heroes, Bakugan wannabe Quote Post
I just love all the goofy names and historis you come up with. I miss your games here.
CarlZog Jan 27 2011, 23:32 Group: Heroes, Level 14 Quote Post
I'll be at GenCon this year for the first time in five years.
Look forward to joining the Star Drive game!
dblade Jan 28 2011, 01:58 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
Cool! I will give details on the other characters for the other games as well when I find the time.

I will say two players will be playing Brade Moro and Chubrok, while the others will be Star Force personnel.
CarlZog Jan 28 2011, 03:02 Group: Heroes, Level 14 Quote Post
I'm happy playing any of them!
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search