Time Master , Conversion notes in Tangents
uncle_jimbo Jan 15 2007, 01:39 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
I've had a quick read through the Time Master core rules. Like a number of SF game systems of the same vintage, it's conceptually similar to Alternity (attribute plus skill based, cine-realistic damage potential, relatively fine-grained task-based rules, covers many of the same equipment items and hazards that are also described in Alternity) and should convert easily. Details to follow.

It's the first RPG I can recall seeing that doesn't have anything resembling an Intelligence attribute, if they have attributes at all, or that considers Luck as a significant part of computer use. There are a few skill concepts that might be interesting to use in Alternity games.
Wilowisp Jan 15 2007, 01:45 Group: Heroes, Level 14 Quote Post
I'm pretty sure this is one of the old Pacesetter games. Their house system WAS similar to Alternity in some ways. CHILL 2e. was a modification to that system, and I'm surprised HOW MUCH like Alternity that is.Skill based, 4 degrees of success, a last-chance mechanic, Etc.
uncle_jimbo Jan 15 2007, 01:56 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
edit: Yep, Pacesetter Ltd. There are about 5 degrees of success, not including Failure, depending on what you're doing.

One difference is that (cosmetically, at least) it's very wargame-ish if not boardgame-ish. Adventures assume the use of their counters and pre-printed hex maps.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 15 2007, 07:32
uncle_jimbo Jan 20 2007, 10:20 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Conversion notes, slightly cleaned up, for attributes, skills and some other basic things are attached.

edit: Some changes made to skill conversions for more experienced characters. I'll update the Terrible Swift Ford adventure notes accordingly but not change the other documents just yet.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 27 2007, 07:12

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 76 )
Attached File  timemaster_alt.rtf
uncle_jimbo Jan 20 2007, 10:24 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
The big cheeses in Athens, 460 BC, from the Time Master core rules.

Machine Operation is the PL 2 equivalent of System Operation. Other Machine Operation specialties besides weapons might be one or several skills related to ships, as in my Napoleonic era notes.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 20 2007, 10:30

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 58 )
Attached File  athens_npcs.zip
uncle_jimbo Jan 20 2007, 10:26 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Alternity stats for the starting adventure in the core rules. Naturally, if your GM may run this, best not to read it.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 20 2007, 10:26

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 69 )
Attached File  Red_Ace_High.rtf
uncle_jimbo Jan 20 2007, 10:32 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Conversions of the pre-generated characters for "Red Ace High".

edit: Might be good to include the attachment.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 20 2007, 10:33

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 57 )
Attached File  red_ace_high_pregen.zip
uncle_jimbo Jan 26 2007, 07:22 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Terrible Swift Ford shows what a higher-powered Time Master module looks like, with a battle in post-apocalyptic Fort Worth that may decide the fate of the entire Continuum. Conversions for the adventure are attached.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jan 27 2007, 07:15

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 113 )
Attached File  Terrible_Swift_Ford.rtf
uncle_jimbo Jan 26 2007, 09:40 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
The pregenerated characters for this module are a fair bit more experienced than in "Red Ace High".

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 60 )
Attached File  terrible_swift_ford_pregen.zip
Lazarus Mar 28 2007, 02:41 Group: Heroes, Amazing Hero Quote Post
Terrible Swift Ford sounds intriguing for its post-apoc. background. Do you think it could be modified to fit a purely PA setting like Gamma World?

If so, I might consider purchasing it.
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search