Pages: (29) « First ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
> Tequila Starrise.net, anyone?, Wondering if S*D fans here go there...
Quote Post
TerroX, Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom submitted 52 Resources has rated 93 resources, submitted 2 artworks and is involved with 3 projects.

TVN News system updated.

Now accepts date & star system as separate inputs.
Some of the star system names are not formatted properly yet, but it wont cause a problem.
Added all the system thumbnail pics, 90 of them.
Now Showing 20 stories per page instead of 5.
Headline length extended to 50 character limit.

bri, Feel free update and a some more to test it out,

http://alternityrpg.net/community_tvnews.php

I might be able to add an option to sort them by "Star*Drive Date" later.

Something in my head says it would be cool to cross-reference the 'star system' of each with the 3D interactive Verge Map, http://alternityrpg.net/visualise_the_verge/ - but that is probably impossible and I always uninstall Java whenever I don't need it for work wacko.gif
offline PM Email Poster Users Website
Quote Post
bri_aitsya, Group: Heroes, Master of the Dread Tome submitted 9 Resources has rated 44 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 3 projects.

Good stuff, Terro. Thanks a heap! alienthumbsup.gif alienthumbsup.gif
offline PM Email Poster Users Website Yahoo
Quote Post
Kzinwarrior, Group: Ascended, We miss you ST submitted 10 Resources has rated 30 resources, submitted 6 artworks and is involved with 2 projects.

All hail TerroX the Bronzed! Ruler of the Alternity universe!!

K.

Quote Post
bri_aitsya, Group: Heroes, Master of the Dread Tome submitted 9 Resources has rated 44 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 3 projects.

Looks fantastic! Having the codes for italics & bold text is very helpful! I'm back in buisness & posted a few more oldies, but goodies... alienwink.gif
Quote Post
Moloth, ** Group: Heroes, Level 2 submitted 0 Resources has rated 0 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

Hmmm.. i may need to steal some of those and add some of my own. smile.gif

thanks!
Quote Post
TerroX, Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom submitted 52 Resources has rated 93 resources, submitted 2 artworks and is involved with 3 projects.

Bri, typo in that last article, Bri'-aitysa

Also, is Bri-aitsya a canon character?
Quote Post

Ooh, Idea #2.
Along with the idea of a sequential timeline view of headlines, I can do a "organised by star system" view of headlines.
Quote Post

Author (TerroX @ Oct 7 2009, 08:14)
Bri, typo in that last article, Bri'-aitysa

Also, is Bri-aitsya a canon character?

For some reason, the coding didn't like the apostrophe in the article title.

Bri'-aitsya (aka, my handle & retired alter ego) was the primary hero I played in the Escape Velocity 2503 (EV2503) storyline, and the TVN articles related to Bri'-aitsya, Mig Nova, and the crew of the Liquid Sky are all derived from that long-running campaign. Canonical? Not per se, but the longtime users of TS.net are quite familiar with their exploits. The Kai system (detailed in I believe LR5) was also a contribution to S*D from EV2503. After setting up shop there, the crew & administrators continued to make TVN headlines, hence its addition to the TS.net lore, which as Vassilis noted in the front page of TS.net, anything added to the site become automatically canonical (thanks in large part to WotC's making S*D & Alternity orphaned children). I'd say take it for what it's worth.
Quote Post

Author (TerroX @ Oct 7 2009, 08:16)
Ooh, Idea #2.
Along with the idea of a sequential timeline view of headlines, I can do a "organised by star system" view of headlines.

I like both of those ideas: havnig the ability to sort by "date" as well as by system is a feature that was available on TS.net, and can be quite handy to have for various S*D GM's.
Quote Post

Author (bri_aitsya @ Oct 8 2009, 00:41)
For some reason, the coding didn't like the apostrophe in the article title.

I can fix that.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Star*Drive | Next Newest »

Topic Options Pages: (29) « First ... 25 26 [27] 28 29  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll