New version of Alternity...sort of in Alternity 2.0 by Sasquatch Games
Myridian Jul 28 2016, 22:55 Group: Heroes, Level 19 Quote Post
ENWorld link
Sasquatch site

I have no idea. Doesn't sound like anything will get ported over. I love the dice mechanic so I'm hoping...

This post has been edited by Myridian on Jul 28 2016, 22:57
Blastin Jul 28 2016, 23:28 Group: Heroes, Level 3 Quote Post
Just came here to post about this. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they make. And if I don't like I still have the old system.
JSM3050 Jul 28 2016, 23:41 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Does this mean we'll get a new website look, TerroX? alienwink.gif
uncle_jimbo Jul 29 2016, 07:25 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
It might be a fine idea for someone to contact Sasquatch Games and let them know we're here to support the Alternity game. I think that would be timely. I'm willing to write up something.

I note that despite ENWorld's report, the quote about "a roll-high system" directly precedes "and a roll-low system more like the original game". It sounds like very early discussion mechanically.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 29 2016, 07:30
TerroX Jul 29 2016, 10:41 Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom Quote Post
Author (JSM3050 @ Jul 29 2016, 10:41)
Does this mean we'll get a new website look, TerroX? alienwink.gif

haha, no. The last one was enough effort. I will add an option for uploads to tag as 2017 version or 1999 version though so we can gather more members than lose them smile.gif

Looks like it will be roll-high + step. I tried to math that out a few times and it isn't easy to get it to be intuitive without some tables for your skill scores.
Grey_Knight Jul 29 2016, 11:25 Group: Heroes, A.net's Swordsman Quote Post
Roll-high, sadly, is the way most gamers are used. So it'd be amiss if they didn't do it.

Yes, the original game does need tables for that. But it's an easy table to make, and it enables you to switch from roll high to roll low without needing to change ANYTHING (save switching the - and + of penalties and bonuses) and use the same mechanics as is. Ah, the beauty of well-done modularity.
derek_holland Jul 29 2016, 17:06 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
sad.gif

I just want something that would be backwards compatible. Look at all the hard work we have put into this game- all the fixes, additions, new materials and ideas. It would be nice to see them easily added to v2.

And now how many of us wish we knew the trademark had lapsed- the stickied thread is a lie!

At least v2 is in good hands.
uncle_jimbo Jul 29 2016, 22:57 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (derek_holland @ Jul 30 2016, 04:06)
And now how many of us wish we knew the trademark had lapsed- the stickied thread is a lie!

The stickied thread is accurate. Someone who wanted the name would have to be sufficiently established and lawyered-up to take it away from WotC, which was never going to come out of forum talk, and which Sasquatch have done. We might un-pin it though.
Guardian Jul 30 2016, 02:58 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
The funny thing being that Nostack was right. Somebody else had to mortgage their house, come up with a business plan, etc.
Blastin Jul 30 2016, 16:14 Group: Heroes, Level 3 Quote Post
I'm just hoping that they keep the set system and the success levels. Don't really care if it's roll low or high.
Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search