Character Sheet? in SQuAT - Alternity Character Tool
ragnarok Jan 27 2012, 01:37 Group: Heroes, Level 1 Quote Post
Hi everyone. I love that this site is still going strong.

I have recently begun GMing a new Alternity campaign with a group of friends and since several of them are new to the game, I was hoping to generate their character sheets for them since they've done most of the math, but it needs to be checked and I'm inputting everyone into SQuAT. I'm a huge fan of Hero Lab and it's ability to print character sheets from the app, and I was just wondering if SQuAT had the ability to do so via a plug in or some feature I'm missing.

Thanks for any help!

*** EDIT: Disregard me, come to find out I simply had not clicked enough buttons ***

This post has been edited by ragnarok on Jan 27 2012, 01:48
Guardian Jan 27 2012, 01:43 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
Once you save it, you can print the html file (which looks pretty good). You can find examples in most games' Character threads,
ragnarok Jan 27 2012, 01:51 Group: Heroes, Level 1 Quote Post
Author (Guardian @ Jan 27 2012, 01:43)
Once you save it, you can print the html file (which looks pretty good). You can find examples in most games' Character threads,

I know it sounds trivial especially given how awesome this little tool is, but on the HTML sheet, I have a "q" where an empty box would be (i.e. to track wounds, rolerance, and on the achievement track) and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong

This post has been edited by ragnarok on Jan 27 2012, 01:51
Guardian Jan 27 2012, 02:08 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
It's a bug in the code; I can't remember if there's a patch.
ja Jan 27 2012, 08:09 Group: Heroes, Bakugan wannabe Quote Post
Try opening it in different browsers...One of them opens the boxes right, not sure which...
time Jan 27 2012, 17:06 Group: Heroes, Orlamist Monk Quote Post
For me, if I open the html in Firefox, I get the q's. If I open the html in internet explorer (forgive me TerroX), I get the boxes.
Redjack Mar 7 2012, 18:35 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
It all centers around the unavailability of the WingDings font in browsers now... There needs to be a patch.
TerroX Mar 7 2012, 23:07 Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom Quote Post
They all have Wingdings but it isn't a font which can be used in browsers properly.
You might be able to use letter o for simple square.

See here http://www.alanwood.net/demos/wingdings.html

It wont work...

SVG wont work in IE, so the only option is probably a div with a border.
Text
<div style="border:1px solid #000000;width:10px;height:10px;font-size:0;">nbsp;</div>

Should be an & in front of nbsp; but it wont show.
kattan Aug 26 2013, 18:45 Group: Heroes, Level 1 Quote Post
The solution I use is to replace the q's with the code:
Text
& #10065;

which naturally produces ❑ regardless which browser is used (no space between & and #).

This post has been edited by kattan on Aug 26 2013, 18:46
Redjack Jan 30 2014, 00:56 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
Fixed 0.8.1+
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search