Forum Rules Forum rules and Optional Alternity rules. MUST READ
[OT] Creatures of the Wastelands has been released , electronic print in General Zone
derek_holland Jan 14 2009, 12:38 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
It isn't out yet, but I have a collection of Mutant Future creatures (201) and mutations (60+) entitled Creatures of the Wastelands. It is going to be released through Skirmisher sometime next month.

And no, you haven't seen most of these creatures. I wrote most of them before I started the creature thread on Gamma Terra.

This post has been edited by derek_holland on Feb 22 2009, 12:48
uncle_jimbo Jan 14 2009, 21:58 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Glad to hear it's confirmed. I think members will be impressed.
Kzinwarrior Jan 15 2009, 09:49 Group: Ascended, We miss you ST Quote Post
Too late. I was already impressed by Derek. And a little frightened.

K.
derek_holland Jan 15 2009, 11:58 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Part of me wants to make a joke, but I am so excited that I am able to contribute my critters (to PA rpgs) and get paid for it.

I just hope there are enough sales to warrant CotW2 and 3 and 4... and 115.

Actually I want to just have 1000 creatures, however many books that takes. Nice round number and enough to keep people who play PA rpgs satisfied for years.

I didn't mention the artists- Dragan* and Jeremy Pea. Jeremy did work on the Mutant Future corebook. And both have produced perfect work for this book.

*For the new people who are reading this, Dragan Ciric was a member here and did some art for Action Check and Jim's Barsoom book.
blacksunrunner Jan 15 2009, 12:19 Group: Heroes, Master of the Puniverse Quote Post
Congrats Derek! Having fun and making cash... now that's what I call a job! alienthumbsup.gif
derek_holland Jan 19 2009, 13:56 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Here is the first of a few teasers before CotW is released.

It contains the most evil creature I have ever created- a plant that was written to take over the world. Not maybe, but to replace all other terrestrial photosynthetic life and dominate everything else.
EnigmaOfOne32 Jan 19 2009, 17:01 Group: Heroes, GMin' Old Testament Style Quote Post
At the risk of sounding dense, is it for the D20 version of Gamma World or some other version I've probably never heard of before?
derek_holland Jan 19 2009, 20:44 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
http://www.goblinoidgames.com/mutantfuture.htm

A not quite retroclone of GW 1/2e. I have been posting creatures on the PA Forge's and rpg.net's forums (almost 250 by now).
EnigmaOfOne32 Jan 20 2009, 00:13 Group: Heroes, GMin' Old Testament Style Quote Post
It takes a long time for me to learn a system, but immediately I'm reminded of both 2e and 3.Xe D&D - basically the stats and the save v. poison, save v. X reminded of those particular systems. There's probably a lot more to it than that, but overall, it looks really cool and I'll have to take the time out to read it more. Congratulations on getting your stuff used; being a published poet, I know how exciting it can be when someone wants to publish your stuff (although I've never made money off of my poems - you lucky devil) happy.gif

Out of curiosity, did you work on the game design for the overall RPG, or just the peripheral book - Creatures of the Wasteland - that you listed here?

Enigma
derek_holland Jan 20 2009, 00:21 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Just CotW. I have been a fan of GW since 94 with the release of the 4th edition and now that I can write for it, even unofficially, is elating. I do have one prior credit, but Mutazoids 3e (which I wrote 2-4 pages of) just vanished and I never got a comp copy (I bought a couple later).

I have read dozens of monster books for ~15 rpg engines and scores of biology books. Developing monsters is relaxing and good mental exercise and I am always coming up with new ideas, esp for a setting that is biology based, even if it is fantasy.
Pages: (12) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search