General Discussion , Catch all topic in SQuAT - Alternity Character Tool
Redjack Jan 31 2006, 04:30 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
This topic is for discussions that do not fit in other topics.
JSM3050 Jan 31 2006, 04:55 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
If TerroX game you your own sub-forum, this must be one hell of a program. I'll have to look at it.
Kzinwarrior Jan 31 2006, 09:39 Group: Ascended, We miss you ST Quote Post
Ingenius. Have a place to send people who keep asking the same questions over and over.

As well as a place for people with Leaky Brain Syndrome (like me) who can't seem to remember things so well anymore.

Good stuff, Redjack. I look forward to seeing this program evolve. It is sorely needed by newbies and old farts alike.

K.

P.S.: I'm really looking forward to playing with the cybertech.

This post has been edited by Kzinwarrior on Jan 31 2006, 09:48
Redjack Jan 31 2006, 15:31 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
Cyber tech is one of those areas I would like to see greatly enhanced.. Being a former shadowrunner (v1...v2...v3...Many years of it...) I miss a rich cybernetics system..
I also want to design a way to allow a source to over ride the source definitions.
For example: While some people may like how the reflex device works, I think it is just a little too rough - especially for Mechalus who are born with it.
In my game, a Mechalus reflex provides a -2 bonus and only causes 1 stun per use (or if used for more than 1 minute, 1/minute).

The whole trick is that I think I need one more category besides sources and rule sets.. Like "House Rules"... House Rules would then allow some specific overrides of source rules.
Referring back to my example of the reflex device:
If I play three characters in three campaigns with reflex devices I could use different rules with each character:
1) Source=Core; House Rules=None (no changes book rules)
2) Source=Core; House Rules=Sigma Quadrant (!Mechalus reflex device special rule)
3) Source=Core; House Rules=Sigma Quadrant (Mechalus reflex device special rule)

This is a complex bit of coding though, but it is something that is relevant to my campaign so I may look into this later in the Spring, especially if this is more interest.
Kzinwarrior Jan 31 2006, 18:54 Group: Ascended, We miss you ST Quote Post
Author (Redjack @ Jan 31 2006, 08:31)
Cyber tech is one of those areas I would like to see greatly enhanced..

Yeah, I can sympathize with that.

Anyhoo, I'm wondering about record keeping in regards to cybertech. I've noticed that the stats in the Main window do not reflect changes made in the Cybertech window. For example: purchasing MusclePlus does not affect Strength.

Also, would it be possible to give Systemic Reinforcement a negative 'size' value? Thereby increasing the number of available cyber tolerance boxes? Not a perfect solution, I know, but a decent stop-gap measure for the time being.

K.
Redjack Jan 31 2006, 19:18 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
Yea, I have mutations and achievements modifying the base stats but not cybernetics yet. The problem is that cybernetics do not usually universally affect an attribute. Like the strength gains from a cybernetic arm only affect that arm and not the legs, so the movement rate would not be inceased..
What I will probably do is make the modifications to allow the attribute changes, then on the enhancements that do not effect the entire system, document the effect in the notes..
Author
Also, would it be possible to give Systemic Reinforcement a negative 'size' value? Thereby increasing the number of available cyber tolerance boxes?

Yes, that should work. Actually, it should work right now by reducing the cost (not increasing the boxes) or ther cyberware - but a custom element could be added to allow it to actually increase the tolerance.
Kzinwarrior Jan 31 2006, 20:23 Group: Ascended, We miss you ST Quote Post
I made the changes to Systemic Reinforcement and it works just fine now. Still, it would be nice if it would add boxes to the first set as the rules specify. I guess I'll just have to learn how to do that.

Um, I might be in a position to do something about that cybertech problem. A more detailed hero sheet - specific to cyborgs - could be configured to more easily jive with SQuAT. Adding numeric sub-categories for the various cyber enhancements.

For example:

Strength could have 'left arm', 'right arm', 'left leg' and 'right leg'.
Action Check could have a 'chip' score.

I just don't know how you could add the feature of a unique hero sheet. Or if it's even possible at all.

K.
Redjack Jan 31 2006, 21:07 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
I can add the Systemic Reinforcement support in one by the time v0.6.0 hits the street. There is no capability within the xml options to add cyber tolerance boxes except by race.

As to the other one. That is pretty involved, but worth a look. Is the sheet a resource on A.net somewhere?

Kzinwarrior Jan 31 2006, 22:28 Group: Ascended, We miss you ST Quote Post
Author (Redjack @ Jan 31 2006, 14:07)
Is the sheet a resource on A.net somewhere?

Not yet. It's part of my Fusion project. A hero sheet for 'borgs is planned for the Appendix section. I could move it up the timetable though, if I can rework the schedule. No promises.

Well, you seem to have enough work to do already.

K.
Delthos Feb 5 2006, 04:13 Group: Heroes, 38th Level IT Drone Quote Post
How about a sticky message with a link to the software. I only found out about it when I noticed the new SQuAT category on the main forum page.
Pages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search