Comm Chatter , OOC & lurker discussions in StarCraft: Castaways
JSM3050 Jun 19 2005, 15:45 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
This is the ever-present thread for OOC discussions and general conversation.
Sloth Jun 19 2005, 16:13 Group: Heroes, Sinner Quote Post
I can't download your character sheet, apparently the file is missing.

This post has been edited by Sloth on Jun 19 2005, 17:07
JSM3050 Jun 19 2005, 20:51 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Sorry about that, Sloth. Here's a link to download it (I submitted it to Resources a while back).
Sloth Jun 19 2005, 23:16 Group: Heroes, Sinner Quote Post
A couple of notes regarding the equipment.doc:
  • All the powered armors are rated G0. The only other powered armors rated G0 in Alternity is two body tanks from Star*Drive, and that's because of their onboard gravity inducton drives. I assume all powered armors should have read G1, on the other hand it would be cool to have our own flying body tanks aliensmarmy.gif.
  • How long can the powered armors operate before they need to be recharged? Same question regarding the life-support.
  • The hostile enviroment suit misses an effective strength, or should it be not powered and rated G2?
  • What benefits do the hostile enviroment's cloaking device provide?

I might have more questions and notes later alienwink.gif .

This post has been edited by Sloth on Jun 19 2005, 23:19
JSM3050 Jun 20 2005, 02:19 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Thanks for catching those mistakes, Sloth!

- All of the armors can survive in the environments listed. Whether the wearer can operate in such an environment is another matter entirely. None of the armors come with jetpacks, gravity inducton drives, etc. so the normal penalties for G0 and G1 environments apply. Acrobatics-zero-g training can offset the penalties as usual.

- As far as I'm concerned, the armor can operate indefinately. I've never really bothered with keeping track of battery power. If you want a rule of thumb, the armor's power supply and life support will function like an Orbiter C1 Soft e-suit (pg. 83 of the S*D A&E Guide).

- The Hostile Environment Suit can, as above said above, be worn in G0 and G1 environments. The wearer just has to deal with the penalties of being in or near a zero-g environment. The reason I have it listed as powered armor is because of the life support, comm gear, and cloaking device.

- The cloaking device works like a stealth cloak (pg. 135-136 of the PHB).
lordkrath Jun 20 2005, 04:47 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
So, is Hektor's background approved? And what if I want to elaborate some parts?

Regards
Sloth Jun 20 2005, 17:09 Group: Heroes, Sinner Quote Post
QUOTE (JSM3050 @ Jun 20 2005, 04:19)

- All of the armors can survive in the environments listed. Whether the wearer can operate in such an environment is another matter entirely. None of the armors come with jetpacks, gravity inducton drives, etc. so the normal penalties for G0 and G1 environments apply. Acrobatics-zero-g training can offset the penalties as usual.

If the amor is GX rated it means the wearer can move and operate in that enviroment without suffering penalties or any ill effects. So if penalties from G0 and G1 apply it means the armor is rated from G2 and up.

- The Hostile Environment Suit can, as above said above, be worn in G0 and G1 environments. The wearer just has to deal with the penalties of being in or near a zero-g environment. The reason I have it listed as powered armor is because of the life support, comm gear, and cloaking device.

As I've written above, if it doesn't offset the penalties associated with that enviroment, it's not rated for that enviroment. I assume the suit doesn't offset penalties for G3 either (since it needs to be powered to do that), so it's just G2 or no G rating (since G2 doesn't have penalties). Many armors have life support without being listed as powered armor, if the armor has powered movement (increased strength, the armor is to heavy to be worn without aid) it is considered powered, otherwise it is combat armor. So the suit should be listed as combat armor in that case.

As promised, here's more questions:
  • Shouldn't the hostile enviroment suit include nightvision and/or IR-vision, or is such goggles seperate?
  • Does the medic have the equivalent of a trauma pack to treat injured soldiers with, or something else?
Sloth Jun 20 2005, 21:17 Group: Heroes, Sinner Quote Post
I was wondering if I've interpeted the C-10 and its ammo correctly. Is the damage listed for HE and shock canister rounds based on area of effect range? This would mean an ordinary success on the rifle skill check would be enough to deal the highest damage (d4+2m or 2d4+1m) to the target/aiming point, and that good or amazing succes on the skill check would make no difference?
JSM3050 Jun 20 2005, 23:10 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
lordkrath, up until the point of Raynor's disappearance was fine. Let me see what you elaborated on (you all can write a novel if you feel it necessary so don't restrain yourselves with length).

Sloth, I didn't realize that about the ratings. I thought it simply meant the armor could withstand being in such an environment. So, yes, the Hostile Environment Suit has no Gravity rating.

- Let me think about the HES. While I'll grant you are correct about it not having any strength enhancements, the cloaking device and life support seem like something that would require more training than simply how to deal with the added weight.

- Vision enhancements (IR, NV, etc.) are seperate from the HES.

- While the UEA-405 Light Combat Armor is worn by Medics, it's not theirs exclusively. As such, it doesn't feature any special systems. Think of it as a lighter version of the CMC-300/400 (kinda like a recon body tank compared to a regular one).

- Yes, the HE and Shock Canisters work more like grenades than actual shells/bullets. I'll be rolling damage and armor for every poor sod caught in the blast radius. Adjustments will be made for armor Toughness vs. Firepower.

This post has been edited by JSM3050 on Jun 20 2005, 23:12
lordkrath Jun 21 2005, 04:48 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Shot an email to you about Hektor's past.

Regards
Pages: (34) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search