Fantasy campaign idea , Parasites in Fantasy and Progress Level 3
derek_holland Jun 9 2004, 09:57 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
I found this idea on another message board and think that some of you might be interested:

The heros live in corridors and rooms made totally of metal. They get their food and water from pipes running throught the hallways. There are many different factions in the area, each trying to exterminate or control the others as the supplies are limited. What none of them know is they are tiny parasites in a god made of metal. And none have broken through the skin to the outside.

So it is sort of like Fel's super sized spaceship, but with a fantasy twist.
bri_aitsya Jun 10 2004, 03:46 Group: Heroes, Master of the Dread Tome Quote Post
Ugh, that's ghoulishly creepy... I like it! cool.gif
derek_holland Jun 22 2004, 17:18 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Watching parts of Nemo gave me another idea: fish and crustaceans that live in a river. Parts of it move fast (where the big predators are) and parts of it are very weedy (enbayments).

What part of the food web would you play?

d_leonard Jun 22 2004, 22:25 Group: Heroes, Level 17 Quote Post
Sounds like the movie Cube on Steroids.
WanderingSamurai Jun 29 2004, 18:54 Group: Heroes, is shaking the dust from his ancient bones Quote Post
I think doing an animal-based RP would be pretty funny. Has anyone ever done a game where you're an animal rather than a human/alien or something equal?
derek_holland Jul 12 2004, 14:53 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
I was thinking of converting Army Ants (2n ed), but those are just humans in (very tiny) rubber suits.

Not a whole world, but another idea I am stealing from elsewhere- a plain where the grass grow to 4 or 5 meters. The wind storms, fire and flooding around the few rivers are the major threats. It is between two mountain ranges where the rivers start (they are rare and spread out). Trees are only found within 1/2 Km of the rivers.

It would be an interesting encounter on an alien world where your motion sensors are the only thing that allow you to "see" beyond a foot or two.
Grey_Knight Jul 12 2004, 15:32 Group: Heroes, A.net's Swordsman Quote Post
I like!

If you're going to do this online and are looking for players, count me in. Reminds me of "The Borrowers", and I *love* that movie!
JSM3050 Jul 12 2004, 17:27 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
QUOTE (WanderingSamurai @ Jun 29 2004, 11:54 AM)
I think doing an animal-based RP would be pretty funny. Has anyone ever done a game where you're an animal rather than a human/alien or something equal?

You might be interested in the game Inherit the Earth. It's a very old PC game from New World Computing (which means you would have to run it on a friends computer). Anyway, the big blink.gif WHOA blink.gif of the game is that there are no humans. Every character is some kind of animal (fox, elf, rat, wolf, boar, mouse, etc.) known collectively as Morphs. There is plenty of suggestion that the humans genetically engineered the animals and then left Earth behind to travel the stars. Also, in the campaign setting I'm working on, two of the races are animals (one wolf and one big cat).

Anyway, I've said my part now.
derek_holland Jul 25 2004, 23:15 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
A strange idea that I came up with recently involves a huge flooded cavern. Most people live in stalagtites and the maximum depth for the heros species is about 350 meters. The basis of the ecosystem are heat and magic consuming bacteria- whole columns of it, almost like giant kelp. And the major predators are aquatic dragons and worms. Most of the time heros are involved in intercommunity interaction (be it deplomacy, trade or combat). Hunting and scouting are also important. So it is like an upside down, dark reef.

Species would include analogs of fish, squid, sea stars, sea lilies and crabs.
Grey_Knight Jul 25 2004, 23:41 Group: Heroes, A.net's Swordsman Quote Post
You've got some strange ideas, Derek (Still remember the Marsh).

I must admit I prefer the original, though. Dunno why, love that sort of setting.
Pages: (64) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search