Robot Rules? , Anyone got any guidelines? in Rules & Errata
therion Apr 11 2019, 11:03 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
Dataware has a robot character sheet, but for our groups we used the regular ones. People with extra skills would just jot them down somewhere (like Technical-robotics and similar).

The robot buildsheet is too large to fit on a standard character sheet anyway, so keep it separate.

As for robots and FX I refer you to Clarke: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Want magic-wielding robots? Equip them with Alien Artifacts (PL10) or good old PL9 systems. They'll be able to teleport, shoot lightning bolts and fireballs, use telekineses through gravity manipulation and so on. Advanced robots with positronic brains can probably have access to psionics as well.
SanChristo Apr 11 2019, 12:44 Group: Heroes, Level 12 Quote Post
Thanks, therion.

My comment about FX and robots was more about character managers. Do you know of any that can handle either or both of those?
Guardian Apr 12 2019, 04:08 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
Author (SanChristo @ Apr 11 2019, 04:56)
Guardian, sounds cool. Where can I find it?

Just click the Resources link at the head of this post.
therion Apr 12 2019, 06:40 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
If I took a screwdriver to Guardian's Metal KISS rules, I'd just tweak a few minor details:

1. Usually heroes start with 6 broad skills for free, Guardian gave them 6, while Dataware gave them only 5. I'd remove Awareness or Resolve and dump in Armor Op seeing how Awareness is more than just sight and they lack the intuition bit, and Resolve is meaningless for robots who have no Willpower as humans do. However they are almost always armored with something.

2. I like the inclusion of PL in the Action Check very much! However they will be universally faster than players which is problematic. However, if you double the PL and treat it as a stat then it ranges from 10 (ordinary) to 18 (wow-level at PL9)

Maybe something like:
AC=(INT + 2*PL) /2
AC=(INT + 2*PL + DEX) /3

or similar.

The rest is perfectly viable, and I also highly applaud the decision to base stat ranges on profession - robots are built for specific tasks after all.

This post has been edited by therion on Apr 12 2019, 06:48
SanChristo Apr 12 2019, 12:58 Group: Heroes, Level 12 Quote Post
Author (Guardian @ Apr 12 2019, 04:08)
Just click the Resources link at the head of this post.

Oh man, that is very quick and simple. Many thanks!
Guardian Apr 13 2019, 04:43 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
Given how most people play robots as just a funny looking human, it seemed like an obvious move. And it really works better than Foundry in several key areas. Among others, the way you have to allocate systems in Foundry makes it difficult to actually use all of your build points and you have to keep stick smaller systems in random places. Also, you really need a hit locations chart to determine what's getting wrecked and needs to be fixed (and thus how many credits you'll need to pony up).
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search