Forum Rules Forum rules and Optional Alternity rules. MUST READ
GenCon Alternity Games , Running the new edition? in General Zone
dblade Jan 30 2019, 01:34 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
So I'm starting to enter the games I am going to run at GenCon this year and I find myself debating on running Original Alternity or New Alternity.

On the one hand, my Firefly game is ready to go with OA rules so I wouldn't have to come up with new character sheets. Also with OA I really don't need my rulebook when running the game.

On the other hand, there may be more interest in trying out the new edition and I kind of want to give it a shot.

If I convert the Firefly characters to New Alternity before the games are locked down by GenCon, I may just switch the edition from 1st to 2nd.

I haven't decided the second Alternity game I want to run so it could just be all new characters. This may be a good opportunity to run New Alternity.

Anyone going to GenCon this year? If so, are you interested in playing Alternity, either edition?
Guardian Jan 30 2019, 03:11 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
Not going (again), but I'd suggest leaving the Firefly game as is (since it sounds like you're already set) and try something new in the second game with the new rules. This would also allow you to customize the adventure to what rules are currently out, which might be an issue with converting the Firefly one.
lordmalachdrim Jan 30 2019, 12:04 Group: Heroes, Level 16 Quote Post
Or if you want to compare the two systems run the firefly game using both eds.
dblade Jan 30 2019, 16:55 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
Author (Guardian @ Jan 29 2019, 21:11)
Not going (again), but I'd suggest leaving the Firefly game as is (since it sounds like you're already set) and try something new in the second game with the new rules. This would also allow you to customize the adventure to what rules are currently out, which might be an issue with converting the Firefly one.

This would be the smart choice. I might convert the Firefly game to roll high which would be very simple to do and ease me in to using the new system. I might also use the new initiative system which I admit I kinda love.

Alas, sometimes I choose to do dumb things at GenCon, like running three 4-hour games on a Thursday, followed by a 5-hour game the next morning. Did I learn my lesson? In that case, yes. But my brain is itching to misbehave.
dblade Jan 30 2019, 17:05 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
Author (lordmalachdrim @ Jan 30 2019, 06:04)
Or if you want to compare the two systems run the firefly game using both eds.

Hmmm...Interesting idea. Don't tempt me!

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search