Fighter squadron , Any advice on running one? in Rules & Errata
Myridian Dec 24 2018, 22:52 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
What opinions do you have, a standard combat package of weaponry, or differing configurations for each fighter/drone?
Myridian Dec 24 2018, 23:07 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
Have ancient cat on my lap, there may be typos in future posts...
uncle_jimbo Dec 25 2018, 01:02 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (Myridian @ Dec 25 2018, 09:52)
What opinions do you have, a standard combat package of weaponry, or differing configurations for each fighter/drone?

Perhaps split the difference: hardpoints of known capacity, where the ground crew can load up different ordnance or weapon pods as required. This might mean heroes need training with multiple weapons, if you use any different skills for them.

There might be a different question whether the squadron uses more than one size or performance package of spacecraft.
cobalt_phoenix Dec 25 2018, 01:05 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Author

I think that depends on just how you want to run the engagements and the purpose of the squadron overall (as well as the specifics of the hybrid build system you are using).

Going off of GMG/Starships, most torpedo weapons available at PL7 are too bulky to really fit into a fighter with room for other equipment. Missiles give a lot of variety in load outs, and cannons are a must.

Personally, you may consider developing a common design that you can modify if you want. For that, I would say use a mass cannon and a missile rack as the two weapons.

However, you can make some more interesting designs. For example, if you want something interesting, how about installing a minelayer in place of the launch rack. In GMG/Starships, they are the same size and power, and the minelayer can handle both mines and grapplers. Having two or three drones equipped with these would give them the ability to prepare the battlefield in interesting ways, and they could potentially be used to deploy stationary recon satellites (short battery life, and probably only two or three passive sensors, but pretty helpful for the mission).
SanChristo Dec 25 2018, 01:37 Group: Heroes, Level 9 Quote Post
Author (Myridian @ Dec 24 2018, 21:19)
One of my players always has to have explosives skill, she should take great joy in blowing the installation up after the rescue.

Just make sure they don't look back while they walk away.

Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions
Guardian Dec 25 2018, 04:28 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
If you're going with drones, make sure the heroes are all enlisted pilots (aka flying sergeants/chiefs). It reflects on their social status.

Actually, if I was running it they'd probably be that anyway, because I find the ridiculous assertion that all the front-line combatants need to be expensive officers to be worthy of much mockery.
Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search