Forum Rules Forum rules and Optional Alternity rules. MUST READ
Alternity is old in General Zone
derek_holland Dec 16 2018, 15:32 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
DrShocter Dec 17 2018, 03:12 Group: Heroes, Level 8 Quote Post
I like to think of the nineties as only happening ten years ago.
Orc Dec 17 2018, 08:22 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
Shhh. Don't shock anyone, but I still remember the 80s, like it was... only a couple of weeks ago.

Take care,
Orc
Guardian Dec 18 2018, 04:54 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
I'm not sure I remember last month.
derek_holland Dec 18 2018, 18:58 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
I am with Guardian. Too much roiling through me noggin to remember last week, much less much of what happened in high school or college.
JSM3050 Dec 19 2018, 03:09 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Author (derek_holland @ Dec 18 2018, 10:58)
I am with Guardian. Too much roiling through me noggin to remember last week, much less much of what happened in high school or college.

I hate both of you. I can remember the last 28 years with more clarity than I wished.
derek_holland Dec 23 2018, 19:41 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Does any of you have any comments on the review I linked to?
JSM3050 Dec 24 2018, 04:19 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Author (derek_holland @ Dec 23 2018, 11:41)
Does any of you have any comments on the review I linked to?

What? You want us to stay on topic? alienwink.gif

I'd say the article does a good job of covering what was in the original Player's Handbook. I disagree with the author's comments in his final paragraph (calling the design "quirky" and "difficult to really engage with it with any great enthusiasm") but I think that's more a matter of personal preference/opinion so no points deducted for that.
Guardian Dec 24 2018, 05:44 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
You mean besides the numerous and glaring typos?

It's a bog standard review that pretty much uses the table of contents as an outline. The author isn't familiar enough with TSR games to recognize the parts that came before (the Step Die is a variant on the color-coded chart from FASERIP, for example), but is surprisingly even-handed.
derek_holland Dec 24 2018, 13:28 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
It is? I never read the supers game or Gamma World 3rd edition, so I don't know the mechanics. How are they derived?
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search