Rise of the Reptiles , T'sa in Homemade Settings, World Building & Galaxy Construction
uncle_jimbo Aug 26 2018, 00:36 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
I've had a collection of ideas slowly expanding for a long time, partly continuing in the vein of my Delavan Autonomous Region. Several recent developments have pushed along some new material. I think, like what I've done with Anarchists and some others, where it's getting to is not incompatible with Star*Drive, but visibly serves my own wants and couldn't be supported as a necessity from canon, so it fits best as homebrew.

This might go into a few sub-areas (I said it had been developing for a long time), not really examples or a complete coverage of any idea, but understandably influenced as a common structure:

Nevsky Sector is an older name - encompassing at least three, probably more, sectors in the Concord Appraisal - for a broad reach outward from the T'sa Cluster and spanning from Austrin to Nariac territory. The t'sa have forty-one planets assigned for new colonies under the Concord. Why didn't they have forty-one colonies, or a lot more, after GW 2? Well, for one answer, see further on, and for another, it was Nevsky Sector.

Mutual Sector was an experiment between GW 1 and GW 2 to see if stellar nations in cooperation could assist the t'sa to build a model new settlement, guided by the wisdom of two species. It went horribly, tragically wrong, with no end in sight.

The Sech' of S'rak doesn't exist by the decision of the T'sa Cluster, or the Concord, or consistently of any central authority of its own, but by its people's own actions. The uncontrolled t'sa of Open Space may yet justify every fear humanity holds of the species.

Mutual Sector can probably stand alone, though I've sketched a connection to goings-on at Noctaris. The other two areas underpin a fair amount else I've done, in different ways.

I have some other notes, such as about t'sa in the Verge, that I might get to later.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 26 2018, 00:49
uncle_jimbo Aug 26 2018, 00:47 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Aug 26 2018, 11:36)
The t'sa have forty-one planets assigned for new colonies under the Concord.

Some of the 41 chartered colonies are in Nevsky Sector, while others have already been settled by the Sech'. And in neither of these cases is that OK.
uncle_jimbo Aug 26 2018, 05:27 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Aug 26 2018, 12:39)
T'sa have been settling other star systems by slower-than-light travel for twice the length of human recorded history

Er, no. This has been fun, but it's essentially wrong. Some of the same ideas might apply to planetary cultures in their star system, but the communication environment and populations were far different.

To rescue (if I care to) the implications of a certain image, some rather specific things would have to be true of Taasa's star system.

edit: Or aliens could have done it. So to speak. Other aliens.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 26 2018, 05:50
uncle_jimbo Aug 28 2018, 15:06 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Aug 26 2018, 16:27)
Er, no. This has been fun, but it's essentially wrong.

But why five red ochre ovals?

I suspect t'sa eggs are that colour.

Which brings forward - at a bit more, but not too much, of a stretch - interesting implications as to who precisely the Concord is cutting treaties with. It's clearly enough a flag of five worlds, but there are six: it represents Taasa as the surrounding green water. If the T'sa Cluster flag represents a clutch, that has a precise political significance in the society described in "World of the T'sa": a ruling entity that represents and arose from, at least, the effort to develop the colony worlds, as a central concern, a Colonial Authority.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 28 2018, 20:11
uncle_jimbo Aug 31 2018, 23:16 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Nevsky Sector is an older name - encompassing at least three, probably more, sectors in the Concord Appraisal - for a broad reach outward from the T'sa Cluster and spanning from Austrin to Nariac territory. The t'sa have forty-one planets assigned for new colonies under the Concord. Why didn't they have forty-one colonies, or a lot more, after GW 2? Well, for one answer, see further on, and for another, it was Nevsky Sector.

Now I look at it again, the astrographic situation is interesting - still workable, I think, but it will affect other plans.
uncle_jimbo Sep 1 2018, 23:33 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
The Sech' of S'rak doesn't exist by the decision of the T'sa Cluster, or the Concord, or consistently of any central authority of its own, but by its people's own actions. The uncontrolled t'sa of Open Space may yet justify every fear humanity holds of the species.

At times in GWII, ships of the Sech' operated as mercenaries for the Nariac Domain, Orlamu Theocracy and shorter-lived powers in Open Space, involving them in the period of many-sided conflict later called the Tangle.
uncle_jimbo Sep 8 2018, 22:23 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Mutual Sector can probably stand alone, though I've sketched a connection to goings-on at Noctaris.

I've made another reference, relatively loosely (though it supports the logic of certain stellar nations' actions) in Stargrave.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Sep 14 2018, 11:03

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search