Balbergulbness: Teabox in Homemade Settings, World Building & Galaxy Construction
uncle_jimbo Nov 27 2017, 09:01 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
I have some ideas - an embarrassment, almost - for another urban location I might provisionally call Covenant Sector East. It needs something to pull it together - a few movie references perhaps.

Actually, we haven't had a site article for a while. A couple of lines of development that are cranking along slowly might be helped by topics that I have in mind, though I think it'll take a good amount of research and drafting to get to anything presentable.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 21 2018, 01:28
uncle_jimbo Dec 19 2017, 01:23 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Nov 27 2017, 20:01)
I have some ideas - an embarrassment, almost - for another urban location I might provisionally call Covenant Sector East.

This and several other pieces of work might benefit from details for a Far Eastern river city, a lost empire stretching from Thracia to Khitai, or particular creatures and cultures, such as a mantis sage:

Flower Liches of the Dragonboat Festival
uncle_jimbo Dec 22 2017, 02:11 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Yoon-Suin looks most useful here, though with some relevance to another development (edit: better fix the link).

I've suggested several links now between these two projects, though I've placed them widely separated in old Orion space and beyond the Hatire Community, respectively. Maybe there's some connection between them, like a wormhole. Yeah. That might work.

I see benefits in an early Orion partial influence on the human population of the Wilds, not unlike those of Star Wars' Hutt Space, who are noted to be of Corellian origin.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 20 2018, 22:55
uncle_jimbo May 13 2018, 20:45 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Dec 22 2017, 13:11)
Yoon-Suin looks most useful here, though with some relevance to another development.

This was thought-provoking (in a much more serious and scholarly tone, I hasten to add, than I intend to take either here or in Dark.Matter). It makes interesting points about its title, but mostly goes into China:

Let's Eat Thai!

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 20 2018, 22:58
uncle_jimbo Jul 21 2018, 01:40 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (uncle_jimbo @ Dec 22 2017, 13:11)
I've suggested several links now between these two projects, though I've placed them widely separated in old Orion space and beyond the Hatire Community, respectively. Maybe there's some connection between them, like a wormhole. Yeah. That might work.

The Rabbit Hole (from this side) might show phenomena inside it or even retain material objects or creatures stuck halfway, in peculiar states.
uncle_jimbo Aug 19 2018, 09:34 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Very likely relevant, both for plots and archetypes, and for a region so much at risk of infection by the imaging-neurological technology of the Mad Worlds: Wayang-Kulit

Oh yeah, and the second image.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 19 2018, 09:36
uncle_jimbo Aug 25 2018, 01:28 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Some useful encounters and some horrible demons:

The Death-Rolled Kingdom: Further Along the River

edit: Getting right down to it:

Plantations

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 25 2018, 05:19
uncle_jimbo Sep 12 2018, 09:53 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Different school, different degree, but the tone sounds a bit familiar:

Counter-Colonial Heistcrawl

edit: The concept sounds interesting, but subject to the need to bulk out rules for any game running at a larger than personal scale, and it looks as if it would take about as much work in Alternity as the original poster himself has put into another system and era. For my present purposes it works just as well if the heroes pursue some other agenda within an adventurous time and place.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Sep 15 2018, 07:46
uncle_jimbo Sep 15 2018, 07:18 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Actually, we haven't had a site article for a while. A couple of lines of development that are cranking along slowly might be helped by topics that I have in mind, though I think it'll take a good amount of research and drafting to get to anything presentable.

I had been a bit concerned about Edward Said, that I hadn't really looked into or addressed his ideas. I'm much less worried now. ..Perhaps I'll leave it there.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Sep 17 2018, 08:42
uncle_jimbo Sep 17 2018, 08:42 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post

This does seem relevant, though I don't know if I'd go along with the importance of the connection:

Tiki
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search