[SAS-A] If ships are sets.. in Spaceships & Vehicles
uncle_jimbo Jul 6 2018, 09:51 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
.. is a sufficiently large ship a setting? A reference from another publisher reminded me of at least one mention in the older game that treated a fortress ship much like a city, with its heights and ghettoes.

Naturally these ideas derive from more than one older source. I'll mention Babylon 5 and Metamorphosis Alpha to start off with.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 6 2018, 09:52
cobalt_phoenix Jul 6 2018, 17:19 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
I would like to direct you to S*D's Lighthouse as a good example, Jimbo.

The Lighthouse is a spacefaring station, roughly 1600 meters in height, which should put it into the same category as a super-dreadnought/super-carrier/fortress ship. I would argue, though, that it is equal to just the smaller dreadnought hull, simply because so much of its height is due to that very narrow docking spine (seriously, you can cut that thing out and replace it with a section as wide the rest of the upper sections of the station and only a fraction of the height and it would be only half as tall). Regardless of how you want to treat it, though, it is still smaller than a fortress ship by a significant degree, so you should be able to apply the same principles to any super-heavy hull, and the bigger ones can still have a military focus with a significant civilian population.
uncle_jimbo Jul 9 2018, 09:18 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
The campaign setting also mentions SS Karma, formerly OSS Shiva, in the Songham system.
TerroX Jul 20 2018, 00:27 Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom Quote Post
Like Red Dwarf treats the shit as the setting most of the time.

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search