A high tech dream catcher in Equipment, Cybertech and Weapons
derek_holland Jul 1 2018, 14:42 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44371572

A device that may allow the user to access ideas in dreams as well as some dream control.

That is cool and I can't think of many dream recording devices in science fiction games (one possibly in GURPS). Of course there are a few that allow access to one's own or others' dreams, but that is a completely different kind of technology.
uncle_jimbo Jul 1 2018, 19:05 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
I was thinking of this for Dark.Matter to open up potential intrusion of some novel realms of experience and personality (even if there's no supernatural element at all: Arthur Machen wrote a short story called "Psychology" simply about a man recording all his random thoughts for a day).

In terms of the rather impressive list of past users of dream recording techniques, it might connect to other recent research about the "quiet eye" to suggest some new insights coming around into states of cognition.

But, now I think about it, I have a use for a reference to dream control, more directly.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 1 2018, 19:07

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search