Number of weapons per turret & weapon link , Mulitple weaps in a turret + weap link in Spaceships & Vehicles
cobalt_phoenix Feb 2 2018, 18:27 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Author
did anyone get around to converting GMG/Starships designs to Warships?

Actually, they did. You can thank uncle_jimbo for this.

You should also check out The Shipyard thread, which has links to all of the various ship designs that have been posted on the forum and in resources.

Author
Stranger things must of happened here that Guardian agreeing with you CP and the odds where it would happen eventually.

Yeah, but now the chances of a large asteroid hitting Earth just went up a few notches.

Author
In another game my character was operating three turrets that had two links and the middle turret was knocked severing the link leaving one turret needing a gunner to operate. I have little doubt that such an occurrence would happen in Alternity too.

It could, but it should just sever the link between one of the weapons, and it should require the actual damage be to the weapon link since it is a separate system. However, all GM's are different, and it is up to them.
SonarTom Feb 2 2018, 23:14 Group: Heroes, Level 12 Quote Post
Mid afternoon from WA CP,

Author (cobalt_phoenix @ Feb 2 2018, 18:27)

Actually, they did.  You can thank uncle_jimbo for this.

You should also check out The Shipyard thread, which has links to all of the various ship designs that have been posted on the forum and in resources.

Thank you for both of the links and I'll take a look at them after I recover from doing my tax return. I kept losing various bits of paper work I just had in my hands.

Thank you uncle-jimbo for the conversion work in advance of my looking at them.

Is today Monday?

Author
Yeah, but now the chances of a large asteroid hitting Earth just went up a few notches.

In that case who else would cause the odds to increase if you all come to an agreement? ;-)

Author
It could, but it should just sever the link between one of the weapons, and it should require the actual damage be to the weapon link since it is a separate system.  However, all GM's are different, and it is up to them.

The why I'm reading Alternity weapon 1 uses weapon link 1 to operate weapon 2 with weapon link 2 feeding between weapon 2 and weapon 3. Losing weapon 2 breaks the circuit. IIRC, which I probably do not, Renegade Legion Interceptor uses linkages between weapons and engines. Destroying either the link or in the case of three engines or weapons the middle item the linkage is broken.

On the other hand if the two links are tied together in addition to the turrets then when the middle weapon goes away then the two remaining ones are still linked.
uncle_jimbo Feb 3 2018, 00:00 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
Author (SonarTom @ Feb 3 2018, 10:14)
Thank you for both of the links and I'll take a look at them after I recover from doing my tax return. I kept losing various bits of paper work I just had in my hands.

Thank you uncle-jimbo for the conversion work in advance of my looking at them.

I should mention that I haven't converted the systems described in GMG/Starships based sources exactly. Warships small craft are generally more restricted for hull space. Specifically, Warships seldom assigns 0 Hull Points to systems. In some cases I've used a slightly larger Warships hull class.

cobalt_phoenix linked to my "PHB Starships" resource mostly presenting designs that include a stardrive (some are canonical variants but others may not be attested in the published sources), apart from the appendices. I also developed "PHB Spaceship Templates" for Warships, which is as close as I thought I could get to the Player's Handbook listed designs, in an editable format for a user to modify as needed.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Feb 3 2018, 04:29
SonarTom Feb 3 2018, 21:46 Group: Heroes, Level 12 Quote Post
Hello uncle-jimbo,

Author (uncle_jimbo @ Feb 3 2018, 00:00)
I should mention that I haven't converted the systems described in GMG/Starships based sources exactly. Warships small craft are generally more restricted for hull space. Specifically, Warships seldom assigns 0 Hull Points to systems. In some cases I've used a slightly larger Warships hull class.

I do understand that the GMG/Starship designed hulls can not be imported directly into Warships since there are changes in design criteria that the original did not use. However, an effort was made to match what was originally published and is better than not making changes between systems.

Author
cobalt_phoenix linked to my "PHB Starships" resource mostly presenting designs that include a stardrive (some are canonical variants but others may not be attested in the published sources), apart from the appendices. I also developed "PHB Spaceship Templates" for Warships, which is as close as I thought I could get to the Player's Handbook listed designs, in an editable format for a user to modify as needed.

Thank you for clarification on all material and the best results achieved in converting GMG/Starships to Warships.
Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search