Weapons in turrets Durability annotation , Confused by Starship p. 94 Weap data in Spaceships & Vehicles
SonarTom Jan 25 2018, 19:21 Group: Heroes, Level 10 Quote Post
Hello all,

In my crude spreadsheet being built using GMG/Starship construction I'm in the process of assigning weapons which is straight forward when adding them in a fixed mount.

When I went to the Centauri Devastator, Starships p. 94, and tried to build the turret mounted kinetic lance my kinetic lance durability does not match.

How did the kinetic lance get a Dur of 3?
cobalt_phoenix Jan 25 2018, 20:40 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
The turret adds 1 point of durability.

ADDITIONAL:

Sorry, let me clarify a little bit more.

All beam and projectile weapons (not missiles, mines, or bombs) include a mount in their size and cost. However, that mount is limited.

Adding in turret machinery is possible, but it costs you more money and more space. In the case of GMG/Starships, a turret costs 1 durability point. In warships, it is a percentage of the base weapon's size.

This post has been edited by cobalt_phoenix on Jan 25 2018, 21:36
SonarTom Jan 25 2018, 22:42 Group: Heroes, Level 10 Quote Post
Hello CP,

Author (cobalt_phoenix @ Jan 25 2018, 20:40)
The turret adds 1 point of durability.

ADDITIONAL:

Sorry, let me clarify a little bit more.

All beam and projectile weapons (not missiles, mines, or bombs) include a mount in their size and cost.  However, that mount is limited.

Adding in turret machinery is possible, but it costs you more money and more space.  In the case of GMG/Starships, a turret costs 1 durability point.  In warships, it is a percentage of the base weapon's size.

I had a hunch that the turret is where the extra durability point came from, but the annotation of Turret (1/0): Kinetic Lance (3/0) in the Weapons Compartment block made me unsure if I was on the right track.

How would the combined system take damage?
cobalt_phoenix Jan 25 2018, 23:56 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
It takes damage as a single unit. Potentially, you could just target the turret systems rather than the weapon with a called shot, but I would just keep it simple.
SonarTom Jan 26 2018, 05:52 Group: Heroes, Level 10 Quote Post
Evening CP,

Author (cobalt_phoenix @ Jan 25 2018, 23:56)
It takes damage as a single unit.  Potentially, you could just target the turret systems rather than the weapon with a called shot, but I would just keep it simple.

To me the annotation of Turret (1/0): Kinetic Lance (3/0) has the meaning of the Turret has 1 Dur + the Kinetic Lance's 3 Dur for a total of 4 Dur.

The way I see it the turret takes the first bit of damage and the remainder is absorbed by the Kinetic Lance.

Looks like I do have a comprehension problem which is a bummer.
cobalt_phoenix Jan 26 2018, 06:43 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
I look at it and think that the turret and weapon is a combined system, and it is just noting where the extra durability point came from. It is up to you, though.
SonarTom Jan 26 2018, 14:56 Group: Heroes, Level 10 Quote Post
Morning CP,

Author (cobalt_phoenix @ Jan 26 2018, 06:43)
I look at it and think that the turret and weapon is a combined system, and it is just noting where the extra durability point came from.  It is up to you, though.

I agree that the turret and installed weapon or weapons are a combined system that has two Dur ratings. For damage purposes the turret Dur has to be destroyed before the weapon Dur is hit. I was expecting two annotations with the first being Kinetic Lance Turret (3/0) or Turret; Kinetic Lance (3/0). The format of Turret (1/0); Kinetic Lance (2/0), in my opinion, provides a better method since I understand that Damage has to go through the turret to get to the systems inside.

Thank you for the clarification.
cobalt_phoenix Jan 26 2018, 20:30 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Look at some of the other ships. It could just be a typo. You can also choose to write it in a different way. Just so long as you and others can follow it, the format should be fine.
SonarTom Jan 26 2018, 21:33 Group: Heroes, Level 10 Quote Post
Afternoon CP,

Author (cobalt_phoenix @ Jan 26 2018, 20:30)
Look at some of the other ships.  It could just be a typo.  You can also choose to write it in a different way.  Just so long as you and others can follow it, the format should be fine.

Yep, the Centauri Devastator appears to be a typo. Thank you for having me check the other two ships with turrets. I'm going to have to get more sleep.

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search