Starfinder , Items by level in Equipment, Cybertech and Weapons
uncle_jimbo Aug 29 2017, 06:31 Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin Quote Post
I've started playing Paizo's science fantasy setting and very much enjoyed getting back into a face-to-face game of science fiction or a reasonable equivalent.

The rules take a lot from the rest of the genre, thus, many of the bits I might discuss would be recognisable from other SF offerings.

Among Starfinder gear, some concepts new and useful to Alternity might include:
  • artillery lasers (and autobeam lasers) as man-portable heavy weapons,
  • a lot more types of enhanced and energised blades,
  • sealed armour as the typical environmental protection (against vacuum and not-too-harsh occurrences of other environmental conditions)
The Solarian class and its array of special gear might come in as a package deal.

Starfinder's concept of item levels might prove tricky for adaptation. Rather than a barrage of extra attacks, the game gives weapons to higher-level characters that do vastly more damage and special effects, while costing vastly more credits. Some of this I could just shave off at each end, working with the lowest grade in a series only and allowing starting characters access to more than desultory abilities, effectively converting devices from around Starfinder level 5 to 7.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Aug 29 2017, 06:32
derek_holland Aug 29 2017, 13:52 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Do you have any of the leveled items pdfs from Purple Duck, Jim? If so, how do the rulers compare with Starfinder's?
derek_holland Sep 2 2017, 18:46 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
Now I can look on own: http://www.starfindersrd.com/

Some of that makes my head hurt, but I think that is more layout than content.
derek_holland Sep 3 2017, 14:03 Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation Quote Post
http://www.starfindersrd.com/equipment/oth...t-and-services/

The coolest thing that I have found in the SRD is UPB, which you can find under trade goods. It isn't quite miracle fog from GURPS, but it is similar and has so many uses.

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search