Background: I'm making a random NPC generator for use in my current campaign. I wanted to do this because
- My NPCs have a tendency to be named John. I wanted an app that would solve the naming problem for me and create more diversity.
- Because I'm not thoroughly familiar with the setting, I tend to forget about things like nationality and religion, and my characters tend towards alien species stereotypes.
The app chooses a nationality for a new character, then chooses species and religion based on the census data given on Page 42 of the StarDrive campaign setting. What's missing, though, is a census of The Verge. My campaign takes place in the Verge, but I don't have a sense of:
This post has been edited by Alexander_q on Apr 8 2017, 01:42
- What is the distribution of nationalities in the Verge? Obviously most will be Vergers, but how many stellar nation nationals are roaming around? So far I've started with Vergers outnumbering other nations 40:1, with the exception of VoidCorp and the Hatire Community which have more representatives.
- What is the distribution of species among Vergers? I've got 16x more Humans than Fraal, and more than twice as many Fraal as the other species, except for T'sa and Sesheyan of which there are even fewer.
- What is the distribution of religions in the Verge?