Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
> The Verge Census
Quote Post
Alexander_q, ** Group: Heroes, Level 2 submitted 0 Resources has rated 0 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

Hi guys.

Background: I'm making a random NPC generator for use in my current campaign. I wanted to do this because
  • My NPCs have a tendency to be named John. I wanted an app that would solve the naming problem for me and create more diversity.
  • Because I'm not thoroughly familiar with the setting, I tend to forget about things like nationality and religion, and my characters tend towards alien species stereotypes.
The app chooses a nationality for a new character, then chooses species and religion based on the census data given on Page 42 of the StarDrive campaign setting. What's missing, though, is a census of The Verge. My campaign takes place in the Verge, but I don't have a sense of:
  • What is the distribution of nationalities in the Verge? Obviously most will be Vergers, but how many stellar nation nationals are roaming around? So far I've started with Vergers outnumbering other nations 40:1, with the exception of VoidCorp and the Hatire Community which have more representatives.
  • What is the distribution of species among Vergers? I've got 16x more Humans than Fraal, and more than twice as many Fraal as the other species, except for T'sa and Sesheyan of which there are even fewer.
  • What is the distribution of religions in the Verge?

This post has been edited by Alexander_q on Apr 8 2017, 01:42
offline PM Email Poster
Quote Post
cobalt_phoenix, Group: Heroes, Status +10 submitted 2 Resources has rated 0 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

For most of the main planets presented in the S*DCS as well as those in the Verge Compendium, you can find tables describing the general population distribution. You'll have to compile them, of course, but that should at least give you a rough place to start.

Also, you can choose to use more of a broad catch-all system. For example, a planet which has heavily shifted away from its former patron state could have a predominance of Verger, while those that remain close could have a predominance of that nation. You can somewhat look at this in terms of culture.
offline PM Email Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Star*Drive | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll