New version of Alternity...sort of in Alternity 2.0 by Sasquatch Games
Lazarus Aug 28 2018, 02:57 Group: Heroes, Amazing Hero Quote Post
The new Alternity core rulebook is on sale at drivethrurpg. A free quickstart is available to download. Sounds like they may be releasing a series of adventures that is sort of set in something similar to the Star*Drive universe.
SanChristo Sep 2 2018, 23:42 Group: Heroes, Level 11 Quote Post
Is it worth buying?
dblade Sep 3 2018, 00:32 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
I like it so far. I would recommend checking out the free quickstart to see if anything turns you off.

My thoughts about playing it at GenCon 2018 are in this thread
https://www.alternityrpg.net/onlineforums/i...showtopic=11176

There are probably a couple of other opinions rolling around here as well.

This post has been edited by dblade on Sep 3 2018, 00:38
Landroid Sep 3 2018, 04:19 Group: Heroes, Level 3 Quote Post
So far I'm a fan. I've got limited experience playing it so far as I've been struggling to put a regular group together. What I've played has been good, with a similar feel to the original game, but more refined mechanics and streamlined gameplay.
lordmalachdrim Sep 3 2018, 11:42 Group: Heroes, Level 16 Quote Post
Depend on what you want. If you want greater control over your character's skills and growth go with the original. If you want to be good in each "category" of game and have lots of cool combat powers (not matter who you are) grab the new miniature version of the game.
Luiscypher Sep 3 2018, 18:53 Group: Heroes, Level 1 Quote Post
I would love to have the book, but apparently my local gaming store is only showing the choice to pre-order it and Amazon isn't carrying it.
Thomas5251212 Sep 5 2018, 16:22 Group: Heroes, Level 9 Quote Post
Author (lordmalachdrim @ Sep 3 2018, 11:42)
Depend on what you want. If you want greater control over your character's skills and growth go with the original. If you want to be good in each "category" of game and have lots of cool combat powers (not matter who you are) grab the new miniature version of the game.

I think you're phrasing that badly; the new version gives you less control over how the _base_ character looks, but there's nothing I see in advancement that constrains you more than with the original--perhaps a bit less.
Landroid Sep 5 2018, 18:51 Group: Heroes, Level 3 Quote Post
Honestly, I don't even feel like starting characters are especially lacking when compared to the original game, other than optional rules like Cyberwear and Mutations. I even feel like starting characters are more capable overall. Beginning characters in OGAlt tended to be pretty meh at most things, especailly without a decent INT score.

That being said, I am toying with the idea of granting an additional 5 skill points to starting to characters to help flesh them out a bit more.
dblade Sep 6 2018, 01:47 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
One simple home rule for those who want more control. Simply ignore the rule about where you need to put the skill points. And always use the Freeform character template. Simple dimple.
Thomas5251212 Sep 6 2018, 17:03 Group: Heroes, Level 9 Quote Post
It looks to me like they're more capable, too. What they are is more _constrained_ in that its hard to make someone who's completely ignoring combat or social skills. If that bothers some people it bothers them, but like the above poster noted, its easily fixed. The need for more Talent Constellations is actually a bigger deal there.
Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10] 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search