[IRC] Cascade City , PL 5 urban fantasy/wuxia in Online Game requests and announcements
FaerieGodfather May 11 2016, 04:49 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Cascade City is my attempt to blend the urban fantasy and wuxia genres. Players take the roles of supernaturally gifted heroes who fight to protect the innocent and make the world a better place; they may be independent xia or agents of one of the many institutions-- governmental and otherwise-- that takes an interest in the jianghu ("warriors' forest"), the network of criminal organizations, secret societies, and powerful individuals that operate under the surface of civilized society. This game features hidden aliens, black magic, government conspiracies, and back-alley kung fu duels.

This is a PL5 game with extensive use of FX. All PCs will be human.

We will be meeting most weeks on Thursday from 1830-2100 Mountain Time (GMT-7)

More information is available here: Cascade City Alternity

If you're interested in playing or you just have questions for me, contact me here or at faeriegodfather@gmail.com
cobalt_phoenix May 11 2016, 05:04 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
That sounds like a kung-fu version of Dark Matter.
FaerieGodfather May 11 2016, 05:30 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Dark*Matter is one of my major influences-- it was exactly what the setting was missing.

Previously, I had been thinking about the setting as a cross between Spelljammer and Street Fighter. Adding the alt-history and the conspiracy angles completed it.
dblade May 13 2016, 01:28 Group: Heroes, Sancrotari Fanboy Quote Post
If I was a single guy with no kids I would be all over this.
blacksunrunner May 13 2016, 14:29 Group: Heroes, Master of the Puniverse Quote Post
Sounds a bit Shadowrun too, I just had a quick look via your link - great! happy.gif

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search