Seeking players , For a Stardrive voice-chat game in Online Game requests and announcements
samuraid Apr 6 2016, 03:10 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
Interested parties may post here. smile.gif

The game will be run Saturday evenings, roughly 6:30-10:30 Mountain Standard time.

The voice-chat program will be SKYPE.

This post has been edited by samuraid on Apr 6 2016, 03:10
Chaos_Cobbler Apr 7 2016, 18:16 Group: Heroes, Level 13 Quote Post
Is there anymore information?

So far the only information that I see (and maybe I'm just being obtuse) is that the setting is Star*Drive.

Genre, scope, maybe a bit of backstory? Those would help me determine if I'm interested enough to not be wasting your time or mine.
cobalt_phoenix Apr 7 2016, 22:08 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
I would definitely be interested in some more details.
samuraid Apr 9 2016, 04:12 Group: Heroes, Level 20 Quote Post
Hey guys.

Thanks for the inquiries. Unfortunately, I can't provide much more at the moment; the game is being run by a buddy o' mine who is still piecing together his plans.

I will say that it will no doubt be a blast. smile.gif

I'll ask him to start posting details as he develops them.

This post has been edited by samuraid on Apr 9 2016, 04:13
Chaos_Cobbler Apr 9 2016, 23:50 Group: Heroes, Level 13 Quote Post
He probably has enough to give a general idea. I'm talking broad strokes. Things like genre (Space Opera, Hard Sci-fi, Horror, etc), general campaign focus (Exploration and colonization, war epic, intergalactic trading)... you know, just a really broad overview to see if it's something that piques my interest.

If it's going to be like... My Little Pony meets Great Lord Cthulhu in the great land rush of the 31st century... While it might be fun to become a cultist and feed The Great Lord Cthulhu my inept and painfully naive brethren, I really don't want to cause him any cavities or a tummy ache. So i'd be out...

BUT a rag tag group of misfits that has to deliver a cargo hold full of smurfs to a down on it's luck planet? I'd be down with that.
cobalt_phoenix Apr 10 2016, 07:49 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
I'm going to agree with Chaos on this and say that at least some general info is needed. I know it's S*D, but that isn't a lot of info.

Is it before, during, or after the External War? Does he even allow for the External War to happen?

Is it before the rebuilding of Kendai and thus before the arrival of the stellar nations?

Is it focused on a single star system within the Verge, or is it else where?

What kind of characters is he imagining?

Author
If it's going to be like... My Little Pony meets Great Lord Cthulhu in the great land rush of the 31st century... While it might be fun to become a cultist and feed The Great Lord Cthulhu my inept and painfully naive brethren, I really don't want to cause him any cavities or a tummy ache. So i'd be out...

BUT a rag tag group of misfits that has to deliver a cargo hold full of smurfs to a down on it's luck planet? I'd be down with that.

Really? I'd be more interested in rounding up Brownies to feed to the Great One than transporting a cargo hold full of "La-la-lala-laa" into slavery.
Chaos_Cobbler Apr 10 2016, 08:13 Group: Heroes, Level 13 Quote Post
Something that I find helpful is writing up a page or two of 'backstory' AKA Plot Hook/pilot episode. If the backstory is written well enough, i've had players hand me a competed character sheet that (after fact/rule checking) didn't need any effort on my part to integrate into the story. It just *worked*.

While typing this up I realized that it might be possible to take all these posts as if we were ragging on you. I know that I'm not intending that, I would LOVE to play in an alternity game... the last one I actually got to play in was before Savoy moved to China... I'm just trying to help find ways to build interest.

(PS. Savoy! Thanks for running that game, Sorry I was such a putz. Forgive an 18 year old punk kid please? XD Hope things are going great for you.)

((PPS They say you are what you eat, I want to keep my Cthulhu more like this rather than this.))
cobalt_phoenix Apr 10 2016, 11:31 Group: Heroes, Beyond Level 20 Quote Post
Author
While typing this up I realized that it might be possible to take all these posts as if we were ragging on you. I know that I'm not intending that, I would LOVE to play in an alternity game...

I'm all in on this. I particularly love S*D, even if I do have problems with it (if I didn't love it, I wouldn't be working on an updated version of it).

Author
They say you are what you eat, I want to keep my Cthulhu more like this rather than this.

Yeah, I like that first one better, but I see no problem rounding up the "herds" of people to feed to the Master.

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search