Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
> Mutant Crawl Classics
Quote Post
derek_holland, Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation submitted 0 Resources has rated 10 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

http://www.goodman-games.com/6200preview.html

The more I think about this, the more I wish it was out already! Mutant Future is fun, has provided an outlet where I get paid for writing GW material and has a lot of material in the OSR movement to draw on. But it wouldn't kill me to see another author's vision of what GW could have been. And if I am lucky, maybe I will be able to write for MCC as well as GW.
offline PM Email Poster Users Website
Quote Post
derek_holland, Group: Heroes, Master of Mutant Creation submitted 0 Resources has rated 10 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/140996...ics-rpg-mcc-rpg

It got funded in less than 24 hours.

I like the ideas behind patrons and mutations, can't wait to finally read it come this winter or spring.
Quote Post

It is up to $70,000+ and there is still 3 weeks to go. All but the last stretch goal have been achieved. I wonder if they will add any more if the count hits $80,000+.
Quote Post

$88,000 now and a bunch of new stretch goals have been listed. I hope it makes the 135,000 goal as the data orb sounds interesting.

And then I saw the estimated delivery date. August next year? wacko.gif
Quote Post
uncle_jimbo, Group: Grid Cop, 5éme Corbin submitted 64 Resources has rated 119 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 3 projects.

Author (derek_holland @ Jul 9 2016, 05:18)
And then I saw the estimated delivery date. August next year?  wacko.gif

The creator of one Kickstarter I've backed wrote: "First off, let me start by saying that we're going to have to push delivery of X back a month, into January. "

That was December, 2011.

I wouldn't be concerned if the writer and Goodman Games (whose founder has better business credentials than most in the hobby) allow a sensible time to deliver a complete game with multiple stretch goals.

This post has been edited by uncle_jimbo on Jul 8 2016, 23:33
online PM Email Poster Users Website
Quote Post
Guardian, Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI submitted 2 Resources has rated 11 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

That right there is why I've pretty much given up on Kickstarters. The only one to run without a hiccup was Shannon Appelcline's for the Designers and Dragons set, although I'll admit Rich Burlew's delays are understandable due to crippling his hand like that.
offline PM Email Poster
Quote Post
Lazarus, Group: Heroes, Amazing Hero submitted 0 Resources has rated 1 resources, submitted 0 artworks and is involved with 0 projects.

I downloaded the free preview & introductory adventure. Looks interesting & definitely old-school RPG style. I would be interested in any MCC adventures. I'm not interested in learning or using a new system but I can always use new adventures. I can convert the stats to Alternity which is what I have been using for my GW campaigns for years.
offline PM Email Poster
Quote Post

Author (uncle_jimbo @ Jul 8 2016, 19:31)
The creator of one Kickstarter I've backed wrote: "First off, let me start by saying that we're going to have to push delivery of X back a month, into January. "

That was December, 2011.

I wouldn't be concerned if the writer and Goodman Games (whose founder has better business credentials than most in the hobby) allow a sensible time to deliver a complete game with multiple stretch goals.

You mean it still hasn't been delivered yet, Jim?

And I expect good stuff from Goodman. I don't think they have failed yet. But an entire year for a book that has been being written for a year or more already? The stretch goals can come later, esp as each is only going to be 16 or so pages long.

I recently got Critters, Creatures & Denizens from Congnition Pressworks, a Dungeon Crawl Classics supplement that has a fair number of animals and monsters as well as mutations. It is not as amazing as Liber Arcanum, his wizard supplement, but it should be useful for MCC as well.
Quote Post

4 days to go and over $130,000. The Orb sounds much like a magic 8 ball.
Quote Post

Almost $207,000 by more than 2000 people.

For an adaptation of a game that has lasted 40 years and yet has "no fans"*, I think that is pretty awesome.

If you have to ask, just look at the subforum you are reading.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Gamma World | Next Newest »

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll