It's SQuAT still in development? in SQuAT - Alternity Character Tool
obsidian_razor Sep 17 2015, 15:45 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
I might be restarting my Dark Matter game soon, so I was interested in knowing if this is still in development and if there's an ETA for it.

It's possibly the best Alt character creator, so I'm partial to it smile.gif
Guardian Sep 18 2015, 00:34 Group: Heroes, WarHulk AI Quote Post
Since Redjack isn't on the site any more, don't hold your breath.
obsidian_razor Sep 18 2015, 07:52 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Pity sad.gif

Are there any other projects for Alternity Character Gens?
Redjack Sep 19 2015, 12:11 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
What is missing to support Dark Matter?
I never actually play with that supplement, but it is a supported rule set in SQuAT.
Chaos_Cobbler Apr 6 2016, 17:56 Group: Heroes, Level 13 Quote Post
I'm going throguh all the XML files and fixing what I find. this includes adding all Dark*Matter stuff.

a lot of DM stuff is already in the XML, it just has the source listed as 'unknown'. I should have most of the XML cleaned up by the end of next week, and assuming the resource upload can handle it will get that posted.

I will *NOT* have the equipment XML completed by next week. that file is a monster.

I'm working through the XML files in stages.

the first stage (what will be done by next week) will be:
-- readability and organizational improvement
-- making sure that everything from an official source that is already in the XML files can be viewed.
-- -- (a lot of sources tags contain typos or variations in spelling breaking source selection)
-- stripping out 3rd party stuff (Sigma Quadrant, shroud, harbinger)
-- making missing tags work
-- -- (ie: mutations.xml is missing a lot of class and group tags causing the ability to stack multiples of the same and/or conflicting mutations)

the second stage will be verifying all content from official sources is included (this is going to take a lot of time)

the third stage is proof reading everything (xml is boring to read) this will also take a fair amount of time, but will also be getting done in the previous stages

the fourth stage will be to add back in all of the third party content that I stripped out to make the above steps easier.

edit: formatting and spelling

This post has been edited by Chaos_Cobbler on Apr 7 2016, 22:30
Chaos_Cobbler Apr 19 2016, 06:28 Group: Heroes, Level 13 Quote Post
I did manage to get all the XML files reviewed, including the Equipment list.

while doing phase 1 I have introduced a couple of minor issues in a few of the files, these will be rectified future phases. For the most part everything is working as it should while being organized better. (And even the Dark*Matter stuff that is already included should now appear with Dark*Matter... phase 2 will guarantee it)

please note, this is not a final release of these XML files and I am still working on them.

this is a link to the project resources page. Simply click download on the SQuAT resource to get the zip file.
https://www.alternityrpg.net/projects.php?p...&page=resources

*the double extension (.zip.zip) appears to be due to the upload process.
blacksunrunner Feb 1 2017, 13:06 Group: Heroes, Master of the Puniverse Quote Post
I downloaded it and put it in the requisite folder and got this message with nothing much working... unsure.gif Thanks for all your efforts though happy.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image
Redjack Feb 2 2017, 23:33 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
Oh... That's the first time I've seen that. What version of Windows?

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search