No Dark Matter skills on the tool? in SQuAT - Alternity Character Tool
obsidian_razor Oct 20 2014, 07:27 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Hi,

Trying to make characters using the program for my Dark Matter campaign, we noticed that neither the specific Dark Matter skills nor it's perks/ flaws appear on the program even after selecting Dark Matter as one of it's sources...

Bug? Or not yet implemented?

Thank you! smile.gif
Redjack Oct 21 2014, 23:27 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
It appears note implemented. In fact, I do not see Dark Matter equipment or other things.

If you would email me the missing skills, using the examples below for format, I will add them to the master list.

Name = Name of the skill as listed in the book.
Attrib = The attribute to which the skill is linked, 1-base counting: STR = 1, DEX = 2, etc.
CombatSpec = [TRUE] These are skills that are available for the combat spec specialization.
BroadSkill = This is the name of the broadskill that a given specialty tiers up to.
BasePrice = This is the base cost for the skill
Untrained = [True, False] This states whether or not a given skill may be used untrained.
Multi = [True, False] Some skills may be taken multiple times. If so, select "True"
CustomName = [True, False] This appears to be a depreciated attribute that should match the value of "multi".
Professions = This is the first letter of the profession(s) that get a cost discount for the skill
Source = The ruleset from which this skill is derived. You will use "Dark*Matter"

<Skill Name="Combat armor"        Attrib="1" CombatSpec="True" BroadSkill="Armor Operation" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="C" Source="core"/>

<Skill Name="Land Vehicle" Attrib="2" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Vehicle Operation" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="True" CustomName="True" Professions="T" Source="core"/>

<Skill Name="Language" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Knowledge" BasePrice="1" Untrained="False" Multi="True" CustomName="True" Professions="" Source="core"/>

<Skill Name="Diplomacy" Attrib="6" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Culture" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="D" Source="core"/>

obsidian_razor Oct 22 2014, 08:39 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Thanks!

Don't know if I'll have time, but I can try.

Question though. There's at least one new broad skill, "Lore". How would you go about adding that?
obsidian_razor Oct 22 2014, 09:18 Group: Heroes, Level 4 Quote Post
Ok, gave a crack at this. Hope they are all ok!

As mentioned, there's two new Broad Skills in Dark*Matter. We'd need to incorporate them to get most of the skills here.

Social Science [INT], Cost 6, DT, Page 54
Lore [WIL], Cost 6, F, Page 57

<Skill Name="Genetics" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Life Science" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="T" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Psychology" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Medical Science" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="T" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Anthropology" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Social Science" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="DT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="History" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Social Science" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="DT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Linguistics" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Social Science" BasePrice="3" Untrained="False" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="DT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Xenoengineering" Attrib="4" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Technical Science" BasePrice="5" Untrained="False" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="T" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Forgery" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Creativity" BasePrice="4" Untrained="False" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="FT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Cryptography" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Investigate" BasePrice="4" Untrained="False" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="FT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Research" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Investigate" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="T" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Conspiracy Theories" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Lore" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="F" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Fringe Science" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Lore" BasePrice="3" Untrained="False" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="FT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Occult Lore" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Lore" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="F" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Psychic Lore" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Lore" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="F" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="UFO Lore" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Lore" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="F" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

<Skill Name="Net Savvy" Attrib="5" Type="1" Custom="False" BroadSkill="Street Smart" BasePrice="3" Untrained="True" Multi="False" CustomName="False" Professions="FT" Source="Dark*Matter"/>

There's also new Perks and Flaws in the book. smile.gif
Myridian May 30 2015, 18:54 Group: Heroes, Level 19 Quote Post
The Dark*Matter perks and flaws are there, just labeled as source="Unknown"
Change them in notepad to
source="Dark*Matter"
and you are good to go.

I've also corrected the skills.xml so the skills are gouped properly by stat and added the DM skills from above. I can't attach .xml files but I can send them to anyone who wants a copy.

I've also made a file that has the Gamma World mutations (sans notes at the moment) The default file has "core" mutations, not sure about how to get the gammaworld mutations without the core. Core without gammaworld works, Could rename "Core" as something else and make it as a source option...just thinking out loud here....

This post has been edited by Myridian on May 31 2015, 01:05

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search