A New Year , Brushing off some dust in SQuAT - Alternity Character Tool
blacksunrunner Jan 30 2014, 19:50 Group: Heroes, Master of the Puniverse Quote Post
Thanks Redjack - I shall be testing it shortly. happy.gif
TerroX Feb 1 2014, 21:53 Group: A.Net Staff, Admin of Doom Quote Post
Author (Redjack @ Jan 30 2014, 10:58)
Elaborate on each of these. I actually want to make some tweaks to allow skills/ranks as awards. While I'm working on that, I could try to make sure your needs are incorporated.

"other" race for just non-modified core stats, no free broad skills, no 5 point bonus.

non-professional for just list prices skills, no -1 off Blade for being Combat Spec, all skills at normal list price. also no minimum stats for non-professional. this is for supporting cast.

skill point savings is for times when the GM gives you a free skill rank or some points off a skill and you don't want to mess with your AP/SP totals. Or when the campaign has a special situation. Maybe just a tally saved with the skill that modifies the spent cost "skillpointmod"=+/-X
Redjack Feb 6 2014, 03:02 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
Author (TerroX @ Feb 1 2014, 15:53)
"other" race for just non-modified core stats, no free broad skills, no 5 point bonus.

In the Species.xml (v0.8.0+), before </SpeciesList> insert the following:
Text
<Species Psionic="False" CanGlide="False" CanFly="False" SkillPoints="0" BroadSkills="0" DurMult="1" PsiMult="1">
 <Name>Other</Name>
 <ActionStep>0</ActionStep>
 <Source>core</Source>
 <STR ID="1" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <DEX ID="2" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <CON ID="3" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <INT ID="4" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <WIL ID="5" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <PER ID="6" Min="4" Max="14"/>
 <FreeSkills Count="0">
 </FreeSkills>
 <SpecialItems>
 </SpecialItems>
</Species>
Let me know if this does not do the trick.

EDIT: You can also insert in into the file in alphabetical order.
You can also create a new "Source" (add it to the top of the Config.xml, Perhaps calling it "TerroX") then change "core" in the above to your new source name. Then this option only appears when that source is selected.

This post has been edited by Redjack on Feb 6 2014, 03:10
Redjack Feb 6 2014, 03:18 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
non-professional for just list prices skills, no -1 off Blade for being Combat Spec, all skills at normal list price. also no minimum stats for non-professional. this is for supporting cast.

In config.xml (v0.8.0+) simply add the following in the <Professions> section
Text
 <Profession name="Non-Professional" source="core" ActionMod="1" PsiAdj="0" />
Again, change the value of Source if you have created a custom source.
Redjack Feb 6 2014, 03:25 Group: Heroes, Master of SQuAT Quote Post
skill point savings is for times when the GM gives you a free skill rank or some points off a skill and you don't want to mess with your AP/SP totals. Or when the campaign has a special situation. Maybe just a tally saved with the skill that modifies the spent cost "skillpointmod"=+/-X

Skills, Skill Ranks, and Last Resort points as Achievement Awards are on my list to do.
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Topic Options

AlternityRPG.Net
Help Search